1. Bring your needle to the front of the fabric at point A and back down at point B.
2. Take the needle backwards and bring it up at point C, which lies roughly at midpoint of point A and B. Ensure that point C lies on top of the A-B stitch.
3. Bring your needle down at point D, in such a way that point B will lie at midpoint of point C and D.
4. Bring your needle back up at point B, ensuring that it lies on top of the C-D stitch.
5. Continue this back and forth stitching until you finish your outline design. Make sure that you bring all midpoints up to the top of the previous stitch always.
6. The reverse of the fabric will give you a back stitch pattern.