1. First, watch the tutorial video!
2. Pick up your ball of yarn and pull about 51cm [20"] from the ball.
3. Carefully, make a slipknot right in the middle of the pulled piece of yarn.
4. Take one of the needles and slide the slipknot into the needle, gently tightening the knot (not too tight).
5. Then, holding the long tail of the yarn, wrap it loosely around your left thumb and hold the working end of the yarn on your left index finger.
6. You can pull the yarn tight by pulling out your thumb and index finger.
When you’re happy with the tightness of your stitch, repeat steps 4 through 6 until the number stitches that match your pattern has been cast on.